Getting Kids Dirty Since 1930!
Camp Davis has been a summer tradition in Nashville for over 90 years. Each generation that comes through the camp has been exposed to our Jewish values. These Jewish values guide everything we do at camp. From learning a new activity to teaching others their favorite game, Camp Davis is full of impactful experiences that will shape camper's bright futures.
CAMP DAVIS HISTORY
The Gordon JCC has been providing incredible summer experiences for local families for nearly 90 years. Our current campers are the great-great-grandchildren of those who first attended so many years ago. Since its inception, the Gordon JCC has always been committed to providing a growth-based summer camp program for all members of the Nashville and Middle Tennessee Community.
In 1982, the community center moved from its location on West End Avenue to its current home at the corner of Highway 70 and Percy Warner Boulevard. The camp, however, had already been operating on site since the early 1960s.
The name "Camp Davis" did not arrive until 2000. Cal Turner, founder of Dollar General and community philanthropist, created the name to honor a beloved employee, Mildred Davis, and her husband Ernest.
Since its humble beginnings, Camp Davis has evolved to the premier day camp in Middle Tennessee, providing fun, growth and inspiration for generations.